American Idol Pia Toscano Releases This Time

Many of the former American Idol who did not succeed in popularizing his albums, but the good news is that former contestant Pia Toscano seems to already be spreading her musical wings with the release her first music video, for the song This Time, and it's actually not that bad. I'm a big fan of the song itself, so on it's own is good enough for me, but the music video sets the mood for the message the song is trying to get across.

The singer is shown driving in a blue convertible or staring out into the ocean on a beach while singing lyrics like, "I'm gonna free myself, gonna make a change. And like a butterfly, I'mma spread my wings." It doesn't take a rocket scientist to put together that driving a car signifies leaving the past behind, while the waves and changing tide represent starting over. It's not ground-breaking when it comes to music videos (she's no Lady Gaga...yet anyways), but the song is strong enough to support a video of average quality.
She looks great, she sounds great -- I'm sold.  See for yourself:

Toscano was signed to Interscope Records soon after her elimination. She is said to be working on her first album, which will come out in the fall.


Free MP3 Download


Recommended Posts :