Ruth Jeffery Free Naked Photos

Ruth Jeffery Free Naked Photos - Shane Webber, 22, sent explicit photos and videos to Ruth Jeffery and emailed intimate pictures of her to her friends and family.

He also pretended to be Ruth on the internet — posting naked images of her on adult websites and contacting men saying she fancied them. One man even turned up at her home as a result.

Jobless Webber, who was going out with Ruth the entire time she was being harassed, knew it made her ill. She was on anti-depressants and stopped eating due to the abuse.

Webber, from Nottingham, was caught in June this year when an explicit email he sent to Ruth's entire contact list was traced back to his computer.

Ruth, 22, from West Bridgford, Notts, now hopes he is jailed. Speaking of her ordeal, she said: "I want him to be put in prison because he has wrecked the past three-and-a-half years of my life.

"I've known him for ten years, so in a way it feels like the past ten years have been wasted.

"If there's anything I could have done differently, it would be to have reported it sooner.

"We were really close. We did everything together. I would tell him everything. I thought he was telling me everything."

Webber's campaign of abuse began when he set up multiple fake email addresses — using them to contact Ruth while pretending to be former schoolmates and bombarding her with sexually explicit images and videos.

Ruth said: "He was pretending to be a lot of people. The first few times it happened, I started getting annoyed by it and I blocked all the names.

It became more frequent. They were all saying very similar things. They were all saying, 'I used to fancy you, Ruth. I think you are really good-looking and I want to meet up.'

"He created an account very similar to mine and was speaking to people, making out he was me.

"He was getting information about these people so he could pass this information back to me.

"He was sending out pictures of me, saying to them, 'It's Ruth, I really like you. Here's a picture of me, can you send pictures back?'

"It made me feel sick. I was confused as to why it was happening — why these people who I thought were people from school would be sending me these kind of images.

"It made me so stressed because it was happening every single day.

"I started to see pictures of me appearing online that were being sent around. They were on any adult website I could find."

The abuse affected computer sciences student Ruth so badly she had to retake exams at Loughborough University.

She was forced to take increasing doses of anti-depressants, developed symptoms of obsessive compulsive disorder, and even stopped eating at times.

Ruth added: "There were times when I phoned up my mum and said, 'I don't want to be alive anymore.'

"I just didn't want to do anything. It's still hard to believe it was my own boyfriend all the time."

Webber has admitted causing harassment, alarm or distress at Southampton Magistrates' Court. He will be sentenced next month.



Recommended Posts :